An Independent Medical Exam is a valuable tool in the evaluation of an injured party. A medical practitioner other than the treating physician conducts the exam in order to provide an un-biased expert opinion.
Situations where an IME plays a key role in helping to gather information include workers’ compensation claims, accident and personal injury claims, nursing home negligence claims, disability claims, and occupational/environmental hazard claims.
The medical professionals at Tucker IME can make a range of determinations during a review and exam, depending upon our client needs. Some of the issues we can address include:
- Cause of injury or illness
- Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI)
- Relevant pre-existing injuries
- Medical necessity of care
- Return to work status and identification of work limitations
- Disability status
- Impairment ratings